Monday, September 28, 2009

Vermont Japanese Curry

Dinner tonight was Japanese Curry from a box. This costs S$5.50 and serves 6. However, I only used half the amount but threw in more chicken than the recipe called for. Me and MySO had double helpings each, and I have leftovers for one serving.


Cut up veggies into bite sized chunks (I've used 5 chicken thighs with 1 carrot, 2 potatoes and 1.5 big onion) then saute in a little bit of oil.


When everything gets nice and brownish, add water and bring to a boil. (Measurements can be found on the box. I used 700ml.)



In the box - 2 halves further subdivided into 6 smaller portions each. This way you can divide up the recipe and cook 1 or 2 servings at a time. Dump the remainder in the fridge. It'll keep.



When the water's a-boilin', throw in the curry cubes.

Stir continuously - the gravy will thicken and continue to boil.






Serve over rice or noodles or anything else you like. I give this 5 stars but only because I'm a real big fan of Japanese curry. Enjoy!

1 comment: