Sunday, September 27, 2009

I'm the Youngest of 3 - so there!

I was surfing and came across a website which said this about "youngest children":

Some true traits of youngest children include:
  • Compelled to make a contribution to the world
  • A show-off who enjoys the limelight
  • Both a charmer and a rebel-endearing one minute, hard to deal with the next
  • Often the family clown
  • Creative
  • Often stuck doubting the validity of their perceptions because they were often laughed at or not taken seriously
  • Likely to be compelled to do what the older children haven't. 

And you know what? It's all true. Except maybe the bit about being the family clown. I'm not sure exactly how that might manifest itself but the rest is spot on.

Are you the youngest child? Let me know if this is true for you too.


8 comments:

  1. I think only nbrs 1-3 are true in your case.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, actually, this description sounds more like my middle child...

    My youngest actually hates being in the limelight when outsiders are watching... she gladly hams it up for us (parents and siblings) though. She won't even perform for her grandmother....

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmm..im the eldest but this all sounds like me! our youngest is so opposite from this list. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. justpassingby - true that - when I was younger I hated to perform even for my parents but I think it stems from fear that I might be laughed at - I DO enjoy anonymous limelight - eg. when I do something and it's a huge success then I'll accept the recognition. And I tend to always apologise in advance if something didn't turn out absolutely perfect, even though others think I did good. As I grew older I learnt to be proud of the things I KNOW I do well, and stay away from stuff that I'm not so good at.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In a 2 child situation is there a youngest? Ok me the younger one :) So no go on the list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've known you for half my life!September 28, 2009 at 11:10 PM

    Nah, most of the traits aren't true for me. I'm hardly creative.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah well, maybe not in the natural sense of the word - but perhaps creative in solving problems? sorting out difficult situations? logistically? anyway, who be this?

    ReplyDelete