Thursday, September 17, 2009

Explaining the Title

Ok, for some reason no one gets the title of my previous post.

It's like this - in the past (10 years ago when I last had a blog) it seemed upkeeping a blog was like eating in a restaurant. Sure there were different dishes to pick and choose from, but only one type of cuisine.

Now it feels like eating in a food court. Variety. From Blogger I can "share" directly with Facebook, Twitter, Google Reader, I can add Skype status updates, upload Tweets directly onto my sidebar, import feeds from all over - news, music, videos, import images from my comuter, from the web, add maps and other cool apps. That's what I mean.

Perhaps this was all possible at that time and so some of you may not understand what my big fuss is all about. Well, for a tech-challenged Bibik, it's a big deal cos I didn't know how to do all that before and now there are all these automatic, one-click, copy and paste resources that I can access from the comfort of my own blog-page.  It just amazes me that I don't have to go trudging around the net opening page after page. Remember the days when browsers didn't have multiple tabs? Yeah, that's what I'm talkin' 'bout hunny.

So it's like a food court where you can get almost anything from noodles to rice, Western to Asian, main course to dessert - it's ALL right there. That's what customising my blog feels like. So far, everytime I've said to myself,  "Let's see if I can ______ (fill in the appropriate thing that I want to do here)" I haven't been disappointed. It's exciting. And way, way better than eating in a restaurant.


No comments:

Post a Comment