Thursday, September 17, 2009

Restaurant vs Food Court

It occurs to me that for someone who is so clueless about html codes and other techy stuff, I've been ridiculously clever at finding stuff on the web, copying other people's codes and tweaking them to fit my purpose.

When I last had a blog (oh, more than 10 years ago) it had nothing on it. Zero. Zilch. Nada. I mean, there was text, a photo or two, maybe a visitor-counter. I can't quite remember. But the number of fancy schmancy stuff that you can now put on your page - I even know about RSS feed and Widgets! How clever am I eh?

It's almost like being in a Food Court. Where previously there was a limit as to the type of cuisine that could be had, for example, if you were in a restaurant, now the possibilities are endless.

And not only am I utterly blown away at how easy this blogging lark is, I'm even more so impressed at how much crossover there is from one er, platform? Site? to another.

For example, I'm at my Blogger site, which I use my Google password to log in with, and at the top there's a nifty bar which allows me to share latest posts automagically on Facebook, Twitter and other sites which I don't use. And RSS! I mean, that's really got to be magical.

I feel like a Disney princess having been rescued by my Prince. (Just a note here to clarify that among all the Disney cartoons, only ONE prince was named Charming ok? It's not like some universal princely name. Don't believe me? Google it.) Now you may call me Cindewebba, or Snow Web. And on the topic of "webiness" I'm also amazed at how my language has changed recently to include more and more things cyber-related and electronic. Someone asked me recently if I kept a journal. And I said yes - for personal stuff, but that I also have a blog for the whole web world to see. When did the "whole wide world" become the "whole web world"? It must have happened while I was cybernating, oops, I mean, hibernating because I sure didn't notice it happening.

Anyway, now I'm like a blog addict. I already have this one for personal thoughts and gripes, complaints and bitchiness, soul-searching and thought-provoking (I wish, anyway) stuff. And there's Around the Bibik's Kitchen for food-related entries. (Check it, I've added a link to that... heh!) The dilemma arises as I try to include more and more widgets and feeds in my side bar. I want to share religious stuff, piano and music stuff, er, um, ok, mainly these two for now but I'm sure over the next few weeks I'll think of more to add. But what does this mean? I doubt I'll have many things to say about those topics specifically, not enough to  warrant starting another blog surely (although I have thought about the title - Making Music with The Bibik) but I'd like to have a whole page full of links and RSS feeds, updates and samples, oh the joy, the joy! Imagine, music videos, stories about composers, theory tips, Bible passages for everyday, Catechism of the Catholic Church for Dummies.

So good people, while you slumber away (notice I've been posting in the middle of the night lately?) I shall grapple with my problem and come up with a plan. I'm almost convinced you'll see a new blog by month-end though. *Grin*


No comments:

Post a Comment