Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Easy Apple Crumble - additional pictures

If you hit the link on the title you'll see the video and ingredients for this easy apple crumble I tried today. I don't know why I never thought of making this, since I actually like cooked apples a lot!

I used red apples instead of green cos that's what I had. Add150-200gm of white sugar and throw in a cinnamon stick for flavour. Let stew for about 20 mins on very low heat.


When that's done,  set  aside to cool while you get started on the crumble. (I pour my apples straight into the baking pan/dish to cool.)







Next mix up 120gm butter, 200gm plain flour and another 50gm sugar  with your fingers to make the crumble. It's good fun for little kids too!





Gently place the crumble over the top of the apples (don't press down).












Pop into a preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes at 150 degrees celcius. It's done when the top turns a nice golden brown.





Ta-dah! Delicious! (I didn't have enough apples so my apple layer is a little thin... but considering it's so sweet - the balance is just right!)

No comments:

Post a Comment