Saturday, June 7, 2014

X-men, X-code, X-terminate

I haven't written in years. Ok so I'm prone to x-aggeration.

Here's the update. 

HAWT right?
I watched x-men last night. It was fun, only because it's a Wolverine-is-the-star movie. And I love me my wolverine. But I thought it could have been more fighting and less talking. Altho to be fair I suppose the talking was necessary to the plot. They should just have given us (fine, ME) more crash-boom-bang for my buck. 

Speaking of, did you know if you buy tix online with DBS / POSB cards you get a dollar off per ticket? In this day and age, one's gotta take whatever discounts one can get. After all, we need to start saving to fight against the minimum sum policy no?

Ouch. Yes. That was my tiny reference to the political situation in SG that one reads about on FB everyday. And it HAS to be true, I mean, it's on FB innit? 

On to other things. I've been helping my BFF with her game development business... writing and editing and just all round checking for grammar mistakes and stray apostrophes.  I won't say I'm awesome at it. But I do what I can to help. Recently we were collateral damage (I'm being kind and gentle and mellow) in a report that someone (who claims to be a game industry professional) wrote attacking Asiasoft. It sounds like she has a personal agenda, considering she's admitted to being in a long-term relationship with someone who is part of another indie outfit in SG. And I'm just annoyed. No facts, no numbers. Just this is bad, that is bad, this sucks, that's ugly, and that she was simultaneously horrified and terrified (verbatim). Tsk. You don't like it, that's your problem right?

So I'm thinking of starting up another blog - one that will be affiliated with the company - where I can say all the NICE stuff I want to, and all the BAD stuff I want to (in my super duper snarky not-sure-if-I'm-sliming-them way). All I gotta think of is a really cute and/or catchy name. Always the hardest part eh? 

And then I'll write and I'll write and I'll be satisfied that I got to say my piece. And then I'll be able to sleep easy.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back to writing.
    Hope all things come out well soon !
    Take care and all the Best !!! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya! thanks. it's been so long... the thing about blogs is that sometimes there's really NOTHING to write anymore cos i'm writing everything on FB! LOL

      Delete