Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Difference In Price



Remember this? I paid S$4.50 for it at the John Little sale. I was told it was on offer. So after trying it I went back and got 2 more boxes (one white cream and one brown stew).  All happy and thinking me-so-clever, I later descended upon GIANT hypermarket at Tampines.

There, to my shock and horror, I saw the boxes, those very same ones, being sold at S$4.15. Egad! I was cheated. Oh how could they! Grumbling to mum and sis I left the store feeling stupid, gullible, taken for a ride. Argh.

But wait - could it be?



Guess who saw this in NTUC just 2 days ago? Ah well. I feel better now. I'll just keep telling myself that the S$4.50 per box I paid was still cheaper than what I would have paid at NTUC. Which kinda makes sense, see... I don't usually shop at Giant. Most of the time I'm at NTUC Fairprice anyway. So instead of thinking about the S$4.15 I'll console myself with the S$4.65. Because I can.

2 comments:

  1. thot NTUC stuffs were supposedto be cheaper. Besides, even if there's a diff, its usually between 5 - 15 cts only. This is a huge diff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yup - so guess where I'll be going to get more next time! NOT NTUC!

    ReplyDelete