Wednesday, October 14, 2009

What I've been up to

Last week I spent about 4 days in Malacca. I've put on some weight, renewed my interest in sewing them beaded shoes, and have decided to spend at least an hour a day sewing so that I don't lose steam.

This also means that I probably won't have much time for anything else. I know an hour a day sounds very do-able. But because I'd much rather be sewing out in a coffee shop than at home, it means I'll have to factor in chit-chat and travel time. So an hour of sewing means about 3-4 hours out of the house.


This has prompted me to remove some games from my Facebook account.

Speaking of which, if anybody's interested, here are the fotos of the recent Melaka trip.

If you don't know what beaded slippers (kasut manek) look like, here's a pic of my very first pair, and the pattern of the pair I'm working on currently. Will post more pictures as I make progress :)









And yes, before you ask, each bead IS sewn down individually.

2 comments:

  1. i'm so tempted to go ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do go - it's a good place to relax and enjoy a slower pace of life :)

    ReplyDelete