Thursday, October 22, 2009

Spicy Dinner in 30 mins

I usually eat alone if I'm eating in. This means I don't want the hassle of having to deal with long preparation times, massive quantities of meat and having to look for storage containers to freeze leftovers in afterwards.

So I'm constantly on the lookout for single (or double) portion ready-to-eat gravies that are yummy, affordable and easy to prepare.

My favourite brands are Brahim and Spices of the Orient for almost-instant dinners, something MySO insists is "making hot" instead of "cooking".

Here's Brahim's Sambal Tumis and Spices of the Orient Meat Curry. (As promised... it's been a long time coming, I know, and I apologise. Still, better late than never, right?)





Instructions are on the back. 2 steps. See? Easy.

It's traditionally cooked with prawns or squid but I prefer frozen fish fillets.



You pour out the gravy from the pack into a pot. Add water. When it starts to bubble a little bit, pour in your seafood. Let simmer and stir till your seafood is cooked.





Done!





This one I've been meaning to try for some time. So here it is.







First you get 250-300g of meat (I'm using pork).




As with the Brahim gravies, you pour it out of the pack, add water and warm it up. When it starts to bubble, dump in the meat, stir it up, let it boil, and once your meat is cooked, you're ready for dinner!


Ta-da!

It was a little oily but you can always skim the top layer of oil off with a spoon. Great with prata!

No comments:

Post a Comment