Sunday, October 4, 2009

My Showflat

This weekend I've been busy.

MySO is away on a work trip and instead of slouching the whole weekend away like I usually do when he's out of town, I find myself playing host to some Malaysians (2 ladies are bunking in with me) and opening up my home to a family of Australians.

Neither of these 2 parties are my immediate friends.

The Malaysian party consists of a friend's sister and one of her lecturers from school - they're here for 2 days and needed a place to crash. Since I bunk in with their family whenever I'm in Malacca, this gives me the opportunity to return the favour.

The Australian party is actually one of my besties' pals. They've expressed interest in looking around a HDB estate, so he's decided to take them around my neighbourhood and end it with a visit to a HDB flat. I'm glad though, cos he's Godpa to the 2 daughters (and has told me all about them and I'd love to meet the girls) and he's been so kind to me, particularly during my emo messes, that I'm grateful I could be of help.

What does this mean for a borderline OCD bibik then? Fussing, Cleaning, Kemas (tidy up) -ing. Keeping the place decent is easy enough when I'm here by myself. Keeping it tidy while I have houseguests, not so much. I suppose though, that the visiting Ang-mohs will just have to cut me some slack on that account.

Still, I'd say it's pretty safe to roam about the flat as long as they keep out of the piano room. Fold out bed is folded out, plastic bags with shopping occupy one corner and travel bags and personal effects have pretty much obscured any available table-top space.

But hey, I live here right? And since I've had enough comments made about how obsessively neat I am, it might turn out for the better that the place isn't as showflat-esque as I'd normally like it. I mean, this way I don't have to try too hard to make it look lived-in.

No comments:

Post a Comment