Thursday, March 11, 2010

What about that leftover pasta sauce?

Whenever I'm cooking pasta I try my darndest to have just the right portion of pasta vs. sauce. Sometimes I get it right, but often I'm left with too much sauce. Yes, I'm one of those people who'd rather have leftover sauce than leftover pasta. Reason - you can do other stuff with the sauce. But with leftover pasta the only thing you CAN do is make more sauce. At which point I always end up with too much sauce anyway.

Remember the Instant Beggar Pizza I posted a couple of days ago? Well, here's something similar - only instead of using a tomato sauce + mayo mix, I used a cream sauce. 

The execution is similar, so the pics from this post should provide adequate visual coverage for that one. 





1. Spread leftover sauce on bread slices





2. Slap on a slice of cheese - mine's torn into 2 halves so it can cover more ground :)





3. Shove it in the oven for 8 mins





4. And you've got yourself a nice cheesy gooey sandwich!

No comments:

Post a Comment