Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Dancing Chef

A friend of mine's been asking if he can have dinner at my place. He likes my cooking, he says. Erm, sweetie, I cook out of packets and tins and really, it doesn't take a genius to do what I do.



However, it's about picking the RIGHT packets and tins to use isn't it? So I'm having him over for dinner tonight with another friend of ours, and this time I'm making a red curry.

For those of you who enjoy spicy curries, Dancing Chef makes some decent curry pastes. I especially like their Thai Green Curry. Instructions on the back are easy to follow and you can substitute the recommended vegetables and meat with your own choices.

My curry today uses 3 potatoes and 10 (smallish) chicken drumsticks.

I usually throw in more meat than is called for by the recipe cos I find there's always a little too much gravy left over at the end of the meal.

Because I love curries and rendang so much I tend to always have coconut milk in my larder :

Kara comes in 3 different sizes, but I like this 200ml packaging cos it's just enough for most of the instant pastes I use to cook.





Dinner is served!

No comments:

Post a Comment