Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Instant Beggar Pizza

A few nights ago I was overcome with this insane need for Pizza. Unfortunately there was none to be had at 3 in the morning.

So I did the next best thing. I made one.

Well, not a real one. But something close enough to satisfy the craving.

If you think about it, the main ingredients in a pizza are dough, cheese, tomato sauce/paste. Easy enough to replicate no?

Go try this out the next time you have a hankering for pizza:

1) Grab a slice of bread
2) Spread a dollop each of ketchup and mayo over the whole thing
3) Drop a slice of cheese on top and dump it in the toaster
4) When cheese is nice and melted your Pizza-for-Beggars is done!

(if you want a more fancy shmancy version, slap on some cooked ingredients between steps 2 and 3.)

I usually grab another slice of plain toast and slap it over so that I have a Pizza-sandwich. That way the "skin" off the top of the cheese doesn't stick to the roof of my mouth. You'll know what I'm talking about when you try it!

Enjoy!

(Sorry no pics cos I was too anxious to gobble it down. I'll post some the next time I make it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment