Monday, March 29, 2010

Kettle No More

When I first moved into my flat (while I was squatting here, I should say) I bought an electric kettle with which to boil water for showers. Yes. There was no water heater and this auntie just can't shower with cold water. So I'm pampered.

Initially when I bought it, I thought I'd get a cheap one so that I wouldn't be upset if it didn't last - after all I only needed it for the interim period - until the contractors installed the water heater. 

After I got running hot water in the bathroom it got reassigned to hot drink duty. I've been using it faithfully, almost every morning, for my one cup of coffee - and sometimes at night when I have guests over. 

But it is time to say goodbye. It's been 2 years and my kettle finally gave up the ghost. The light comes on, but there's no one home. Seriously.

So goodbye dear Kettle- I couldn't have taken all those showers and I wouldn't have bothered with coffee and Milo as often as I did if not for you. RIP in that great big appliance resting place in the sky!

No comments:

Post a Comment