Thursday, February 25, 2010

Variety is the Spice of Life

I love my friends. I really do. But sometimes too much of a good thing can be overwhelming.

Today I had to get up early (by my standards, anyway) to go for a medical checkup so that I can get insured. My agent, also a friend, student's mother and ex-neighbour all rolled into one, came with me.

After subjecting myself to awful service (the clinic staff SO needed some customer-service training) we grabbed her daughter from school and went off to lunch at Changi Sailing Club. You HAVE to try their House Cheeseburger! It's awesome!

Then it was off to Swensen's for ice cream. Oh my love, my Coit Tower. Yes, it has been a while. Yum!

I realised amidst the laughing and chatting that this feeling I've had recently of wanting to be by myself and holing up at home isn't really about wanting to be ALONE. It's more like I needed some time out from the usual suspects.

Which makes me wonder 1) Am I easily bored? Do I always need NEW things - friends, toys, hobbies? or 2) Is it just a matter of being stuck in a rut - always wearing the same type of clothes, talking about the same things, hanging out with the same people at the same places?

Either way I had a good time so I won't dwell on it too much. I'm going to put it down to that old cliche : variety IS the spice of life.


=============================

1 comment:

  1. ahhh. the HCB. do not underestimate its ability to cause total satisfaction and then over filling of an empty stomach. hahaha! eh hungry just thinkin about it.

    ReplyDelete