Monday, February 1, 2010

The Law of Never Having Enough $$

Earlier this year I was happily doing my sums. With a new student and a part time job, I figured I'd have a bit more moolah to 1)pay off my debts a little sooner; 2) buy new stuff that might need replacing - PC, aircon, couch; 3) treat myself (and my friends) to a slightly higher level of eats (point-point-rice at Lantern is good, but Old Hongkong once in a while - without worrying about being broke - would be nice)

Unfortunately, for some reason, none of these is happening. As soon as I realised how much more cash I would have every month, it became apparent that more and more things needed to be sorted (and paid for) before I could even begin to start enjoying the extra cash.

This sucks. And proves my theory that there IS in fact a law of never having enough $$. It's not even that, as my mum puts it, the more you have the more you'll spend. It's more like, the more you have, the more stuff crops up that you'll have to spend on. 

And so, this is me, one month into 2010, cracking my head once again, trying to figure out how to earn more dough so that I don't have to bat an eyelid (or quiver an eyelash) at spending 20 bucks on dinner.

1 comment:

  1. Don't think so much for now. Ain't I buying you seafood tomorrow? ;P

    ReplyDelete