Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Twitter me this, Twitter me that

I came across an article about a fellow-tweeter going without Twitter for 2 weeks. 

The thing that struck me most about what he had to say was this:

"Twitter is more or less a fun diversion where I can see what others are saying and chime in from time to time. In that regard, it serves more as a free-form online message board, not a platform for self-promotion as some have called it."

While I myself have mostly only random things to tweet about, and sometimes get into long-winded chats with people online (not the most effective platform to have a chat, I know), I do also recognise that many use it as a place to blast ads or tell the world about how they're now cleaning up their doggy's poo, what they're having for dinner, and how long it took to trim their toenails. I mean, seriously.

Still, I don't take it too seriously and have survived a couple of weeks without logging in at all. It's my when-I've-got-nothing-to-do kill-time activity. If you haven't tried it out, go ahead. Meet some people while staying anonymous at the same time. It's kinda nice. *Smile*

No comments:

Post a Comment