Saturday, August 28, 2010

What's with the men these days?

This is a pissy post. If you're not in the mood for it, DON'T READ IT.

Over dinner I had the opportunity to gossip with my girls.

The story was told of a certain feller who couldn't get the girl of his dreams, so he settled for this other girl who really really likes him. Now they've been together for a bit and she's hinting ALL OVER THE PLACE about applying for a flat, looking at bridal magazines, saying how her horoscope makes her an ideal candidate for a wife. (Personally I don't think that has anything to do with it, but, ok...)

When the feller was confronted by friends (who've heard the massive hints on the part of the girlfriend) his answer was this - if I keep quiet I'll be alright.

Dude- wake up. You WON'T be alright. You'll be 50 and living in the mind of an 8 year old.

"So if you don't intend to marry her, why even pursue this relationship?"

"I'm afraid if I give her up I won't be able to find anyone else"

R-i-g-h-t. That makes a lot of sense. Let's see, as a single person you can do whatever you want, go out with whoever you choose, sleep as late as you like, have NO commitments to said girlfriend and won't feel as if your every move is being policed.

Now that you're attached, you're constantly looking for ways to go out sans said girlfriend, refuse to be affectionate to her in public, can't stand it when she calls to ask where you are, don't bother to text or call her...

Tell me again why you're so afraid you can't find someone else? It's not like you're even ENJOYING this relationship you DO have.

Take if from me because I have first hand experience right? If you have the b*lls to break up with her now (CLEANLY) cos you just don't love her that way (or any way, for that matter) she'll be pissed but respect you for your honesty.

If you keep her hanging till she's at her wits' end SHE'LL want to break up with you (leaving you with no one anyway) and on top of that she'll be PISSED AS HELL. This whole let's-do-nothing I-don't-wanna-be-the-bad-guy routine DOES NOT WORK. Haven't you figured that out by now?

Cos if you don't take up the I'm-the-scum-of-the-earth title now, you'll end up with one way worse when your relationship finally does come to an end. 

Ask me how I know. I dare you.



No comments:

Post a Comment