Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Channel 5-ism

Disclaimer - This post may offend some. In which case, don't blame me if you choose to read on.

I'm convinced that people who aren't fluent in English shouldn't try and pick up a girl in English. Someone wrote me to ask me out on a date - something about coffee this weekend and made mention of how my profile pic was rockstar. Then someone else wrote "hi, how are you doing?"

Now I ask you, who do you THINK I'm going to reply to first?

Also - if all you can talk about is what movie you like, fishing for me to invite you over for drinks, and then say "haha" as a copout whenever you're faced with a potentially explosive line of questioning, don't expect me to be eager for a date. Cos your competitors are out there talking about the demise of graciousness, the intolerance of society towards homosexuality (and lamenting this)  and how non-state institutions, be they business, professional, personal interest, or religious play a useful role in society. 

Dude, I'm 37, not 13. Please go away now.

1 comment: