Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Old School

I got on the bus. As usual the front portion was just terribly packed. Up the 2 steps to the back half of the bus, all seats were occupied but there was lots of standing room.

So I wove my way through er non-sweet-smelling school kids to go to the back.

An elderly man was just getting up to alight. And as he saw me coming, he took a couple of steps farther back to make space for me to get into his recently vacated seat. Only then did he continue on his way towards the exit door.

Now how many of u would just continue moving forward and then suffer the crossing over of one person behind the other? Cos I think I would have. *shame*

And this older uncle? I suspect he might be from the old school of gallantry, chivalry and good manners!

No comments:

Post a Comment