Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Facebook for Prayer?

Ok I'm not the most holy-moly person out there - heck I'm not even remotely regular in my church-going. But one thing I DO know is that I pray often. In the midst of my daily activities, when I'm waiting for a bus, when I see someone who could use a little blessing.

And currently I'm praying for my ex-choir member who has troubles with his heart - literally; I'm praying for a friend who met with a bike accident and is in hospital to stabilise a spine fracture; I'm praying for an ex-classmate whom I haven't kept in touch with but is battling cancer and has three primary school-going daughters (who must be distraught during this time that mummy is in the hospice - husband too) and I'm praying for a speedy recovery for another who recently had RF something or other done to the back of his throat.

From time to time I read a post about someone not being well and I offer a prayer. Some of my friends aren't regular meet-up buddies but we keep in touch online and that's how I find out about mutual friends' illnesses / accidents. Some of these friends are ONLY friends with me on FB, some began that way and have become real friends.

Whatever the connection, however, I should say, I'm definitely praying for more people now than ever before. And as a direct result of the beautiful social networking site that is Facebook.

So I say, while we're busy passing along pics and posts, quips and quotes, let's be sure to pass on the prayers too!

No comments:

Post a Comment