Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Scratched


I met a bloke a couple of Fridays ago. We flirted, he got my number and I left.

The next day we had a conversation via SMS and he asked if I wanted to do dinner. I agreed. But he did say he'd have to confirm later in the day as his friend had driven off with his bag in the car the night before and he was supposed to meet him to collect it.

At 630pm he sent me a message saying he hadn't heard from his friend yet so he was gonna stay home and keep trying. 

Sure, I said. No worries. But I'm really thinking - hey, it's a bag. Couldn't you come out for dinner anyway and collect it later on? *Shrug* Whatever, right?

Over the weeks that followed we kept up an SMS conversation off and on... yesterday he asked why we never talked on the fone, and only communicated via text message. I said "Cos you never call, silly."

He did after that. We chatted for the duration of my bus ride to Simei and then I hung up. He said he had a dinner to attend that evening but should be done around 8pm. Asked if I wanted to meet up and hang out... I said sure. I didn't have anything else to do anyway. Although I did say I didn't intend to stay out late since I had classes early today. 

Well, 8pm came and went and there was no call, no text, no nothing. 

So at 1130pm I shot off a message saying this was the 2nd time he'd arranged for us to go out and never made it. 

At 645am this morning I got a text saying, "OMG I did it again, damn, man I was drunk and fell asleep babe. They made me down shot after shot. I'm really sorry baby, I'll make it up to you k?"

Well, no. Not ok. 

My reply was to the point. 

"Yeah, well, I told you I wasn't looking for just fun and good times and a random hook up. And if you can't keep an appointment - even a tentative one - without so much as the courtesy of calling / texting to cancel, then I'm out. It's just not my style."

And that's the truth of it - no common basic decency to let me know you've changed your mind (or your plans). So if you don't respect my time then I'm scratching you off my list. Tough sheeeet dude.


2 comments:

  1. Hey Bibik, that is how it is with some people. Just let it go. Like common sense, common decency is not so common after all. And I think mobile communications technology has just made things worse. Gosh, I wish I have a penpal now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. thanks for dropping in. I've added you to my blogroll.. so i'll pop round soon to say hi.

      AND YES, I agree with you. that technology should make it easier for people to update on the go, but some of them just DON'T GET IT.

      Delete