Friday, May 25, 2012

How much is TOO much


Have you ever been thrown into a situation where suddenly you realise this is exactly what you need at this very moment?

A new task that makes you feel useful again? Or a new friendship that makes you feel special and interesting again? Even a new conundrum that you have to solve and sort through and come out of feeling like the champion you always knew you are? 


See, I often give myself new projects, maybe because I just have too much time on my hands (NOT!) but sometimes the situations fall in my lap. And when that happens I think, I suppose the universe put this in front of me at this very moment because I need it somehow, or I'm at the right place in my timeline (FB much?) to cope with it.

And cope with it I do. I invest in it. It consumes my thoughts. I look at the world through eyes that have been tinted with the stains and streaks of this new reality that has taken over a large portion of my conscious thought.  But when there's a kink in the plan or something conspires to stem the flow of its progress/ development/ completion, I get deflated and disappointed and I start wondering if perhaps I didn't go overboard and put too much effort and faith into it in the first place. 

It's like the yoyo-diet effect except for my soul. In other news... the real diet is coming along quiet well. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment