Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Last Night's Dinner

The folks have been holidaying here since Sunday night and I'm glad for the company. If nothing else, the food I cook doesn't sit in my fridge for days while I try to scarf down the leftovers. 

But of course, that's not the only reason I'm happy they're here. Dad seems less stressed out, mum seems glad for someone to share her angst with, and I'm in my element when I can fuss over people - you know, putting out pots of tea, sorting out their laundry, sitting with them while they watch tv. (Or in dad's case, while the tv watches him!)

Last night mum bought some serondeng and ketupat and I grilled some chicken and chucked some fish fillets in a chilli crab gravy. It was simple but it was good. And most importantly - it was finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment