Sunday, December 27, 2009

Realisation

This year Christmas was entirely different for me.

Oh, the routines were similar enough. Collecting Christmas fare from a supermarket; heading to mum's for dinner then off to church for Mass; back home after that for the usual opening of presents. But something inside me was different.

Peace. and Love. something like that.

A) I didn't lose my temper or raise my voice ONCE the whole time I was with my folks. This is rare. Christmas at my mother's is usually fraught with tension and impatience on everybody's part. That I didn't lose it speaks wonders of the grace of God.

B) I've learnt something about myself - I AM stronger than I thought. And I have to keep believing that if HE brought me here, HE can take me through.  Cos in the midst of a personal relationship crisis I understand now what's important to me. And all this while I'd been focusing on this other thing. Which seemed so huge to me then, yet pales now in comparison to the real reasons for why I might not have my fairy tale ending.

C) It's been quiet - the extended Christmas partying has given way this year to spending quiet afternoons in with one or two friends and maintaining my devotion to attending Novena and Mass. I've also managed to squeeze in a couple of weekday Masses before the 24th, on account I had the evenings free since I didn't have any classes.

All in all it was a special time for me. Not in the usual celebratory way. But in one much, much more meaningful.

No comments:

Post a Comment