Sunday, December 27, 2009

1-for-1

An older pair of black strappy low-heeled slip-ons were giving way. So after Mass I invited DJ to come shoe shopping with me. We headed to Parkway Parade.

I spent S$43.90 on this :






It's more than I would normally spend on thongs, but the bling on the top (not  typically something I would pick up) was exactly the reason why I did anyway. Having recently discussed my need for rule-making and sticking to tried and tested paths (read:  I'm an  unadventurous, rigid person) I thought I'd go for it. Break out of the mould. Forge new paths. Er, you know what I mean.

So on I went to make the purchase. The cashier at Charles and Keith was nice enough to understand that some of us just can't wait to get 'em new shoes on our feet. I told her I'd be wearing my new slippers and intended to throw the old ones away. She kindly informed me that if I wanted her to, she'd be glad to take the old pair away. Ah. No strange look, no mocking tone. Just sweet simple understanding. Thank you,  Miss nice cashier lady.

I went out wearing one pair. And came home with another. If only other things in life were as easy to replace. Boyfriends, husbands, children. *Smile*

By the way, if you shop online at Charles and Keith the prices are higher than in the stores. That's why they can afford to offer you free delivery in Singapore. (The ones I bought are going for S$59 online.)

No comments:

Post a Comment