Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Baba King - Singapore Expo (hall 4)

While this isn't strictly from my kitchen, the food was yummy enough that I decided to post some pics :)

The Aunt and Cousin from Germany are here for 12 days and we took them to Baba King at Expo for lunch today. As some of you may know, Peranakan cooking is such that tastes differ from home to home, and today's spread was no exception. While some of the dishes tasted similar to the ones I grew up on (from mum's kitchen), some others had variations. The chap chye, for example, is typically cooked without carrots in my home, but the one we had today had some in it. Still, it's recognisable so I'm not going to bitch about it. Enjoy :)


Kristang Beef Devil Curry
Itek Teem







Otak Otak
Sambal Belimbing
Achar





Chap Chye
Kangkong Belacan

No comments:

Post a Comment