Saturday, January 9, 2010

Show Me the Money!

In point form - here are some updates about what's been happening around me.

1) A good friend got himself a good deal - come Feb he'll be hanging up his red-inked pens and donning a suit. Well, in his words - he'll be a drone. In a place he seems to enjoy working at and, from what I hear, for a great boss.

2) Another pal got a pay increment this Jan. It's still not enough for the work she does (in my opinion) but she seems happy about it. She's also been sounding me out on possibly working for her company - maybe on a part-time basis. Given that I feel she's worth more than what she's currently drawing, I'm wondering how much they'd consider paying me for 20-hour weeks. My guess is - not enough.

3) I need more money. Wait. Make that, I WANT more money. So friend from point 1 suggests working for friend from point 2's company on a project basis.

That could work. Assuming they're willing to pay me what I used to earn before as a project-based copywriter.

The alternative is I consider going back to teach in school. (*groan*) Waking up at 6 and coming home at 230 in the afternoon 5 days a week and then teaching my regular classes on top of that till 8 or 9 at night is NOT going to be good for my social life. (Yes, I know, I don't exactly have one anyway - but I was hoping to change that this year.)

Still, let's see what options present themselves in the coming weeks. I have a good feeling about the start of this year. Good things will come. *Fingers crossed*

(Can I just say that I think this whole single-session school system is da suck for my working hours?)


No comments:

Post a Comment