Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Acceptance

It has been a rather trying year for me. I'll be glad for it to come to an end so that I can begin next year without burdens and unfinished business.

But why wait till next year? Today. Today will be the start of a new year. A new tomorrow. A new hope. I sound like a Star Wars movie title...

In the past it was all about bending over backwards, being careful not to rock the boat. Well, that boat has been slowly taking on water and eventually I found myself up to my eyeballs in murky water littered with debris and filth.  So maybe instead of not rocking the boat, I should be vigilant and tell myself it's okay to abandon ship. After all, if patching up the holes doesn't help, then no matter how I try and maintain balance and no matter how I keep still, it will still fill up eventually and I'll sink right along with it.

So here's to new tomorrows, new hopes and new dreams. The past ends now. Let the future begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment